Thursday, January 19, 2012

Official Date & Time!

We all knew October 13th was our wedding date, but we didn't know where we were going to actually get married. The ceremony has been weighing on us for quite some time now. We were going back and forth between indoors and outdoors...at a church or not. He (and myself) wanted the oceanfront wedding, but you just never know planning those outdoor weddings. It's even worse here in Virginia Beach and it's hurricane season. Having the wedding at a church wasn't a priority because we don't go to church even though we both have a relationship with a higher power. My relationship with God is important to me, but I don't need a "facility" to be a part of our special day. That being said, after a quick talk with our coordinators at the Hotel we have reserved another area of the hotel as a backup for the ceremony!!!

I couldn't believe it would be that easy! Our previous coordinator said that if we wanted to do the outdoor wedding and it didn't work out, we could move it inside to our reception area as a backup. If there was no one in this other area we could do it in there as well, but she could not guarantee it. I guess their policy has changed because for a little bit of dough, we can reserve the space for an hour as a backup and if we don't use it for the ceremony, we can use it for our cocktail hour!

I'm so excited about it. I'd almost rather plan it indoors than outdoors just because of the weather issue and save on expenses for outdoor rentals and licenses. However, I really like the idea of having the cocktail hour downstairs and separate from our reception area that way it will be a surprise when they head upstairs for dinner and dancing.

No matter what happens a HUGE weight has been lifted off my shoulders. I now can proceed with Save The Date cards and look at making Invitations. Our out of town guests don't even have to leave the hotel to go to our festivities. We blocked all the rooms there. It couldn't have turned out any better!

YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment